The much awaited trip to India is finally here! My fiance and I are on our way to Chennai today for our wedding and travel adventures! We will spend most of our time in South India which is rich in temple history and we will be traveling to a few cities including Trichy, Kumbakonam and Thanjavur to visit some ancient temples. We’ll also spend a couple of days in Pondicherry, a former French colony near the ocean. We are also excited to visit the Taj Mahal up north in Agra and spend a day in Delhi. I promise to try and blog about homeland food when we are in India if I’m not too busy actually eating all the delicious food!
2012 has been a great year and starting this blog to convey my love for food has been one of the highlights! I’d like to share a list of some new and favorite cookbooks that I have gathered in the past year. I haven’t tried recipes from all of them, but I know they are all going to be fabulous!
1) Plenty – Yotam Ottolenghi (Mediterranean and Middle-Eastern)
2) Baking with Julia – Dorie Greenspan (Baking recipes from Julia Child)
3) Fast, Fresh and Green – Susie Middleton (Vegetable side dishes)
4) Momofuku Milk Bar – Christina Tosi (Desserts)
5) India’s Vegetarian Cooking – Monisha Bharadwaj (recipes from all over India)
I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year and here is to more yummy eats in 2013!